The following information is provided to help you to transfer to LA ORT College from another school.
Please contact an admissions representative. Our friendly staff speaks many languages; please ask for someone who speaks your native language. Alternatively, you can fill out our application form and our advisers will contact you.
2: DOCUMENTS FOR ADMISSION
- Passport (should be valid for at least 6 months beyond your intended period of study in the United States)
- Entry Visa (in passport)
- I-94 (Arrival/departure record)
- DS-2019 form (only for former J-1 students)
- Approval Notice (I-797 form) if you have changed your status to F-1 in the United States.
- Financial evidence proving you or your sponsor has sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses during the period of your intended stay.
- All I-20s from previous school
- Transcript from previous school
- School records (translated into English)
Once you have submitted all of the above documents, you will receive a Notice of Intention to Transfer for F1 Student form. Please complete Part 1 of the form and submit this form to your current school. Representative of your school will complete Part 2. Once completed, please send this form to your advisor at LA ORT College.
3: PROVIDE TRANSFER DOCUMENTS
You are required to pay the $150 comprehensive fee. You may pay it online. Please ask your admissions representative for assistance.
4: REPORT TO LA ORT COLLEGE
Once your current school releases your SEVIS record, we will be able to issue a new I-20 Form.
Report to LA ORT College within 15 days after your release date from previous school:
- Receive new I-20 form
- Take our placement test
- Obtain your books, and class schedule and make arrangements with your admissions representative to pay tuition.